- Master of Engineering Science in Management of Information Systems
- Short summary about the program
Short summary about the program
Programme title: Management of Information System
The awarded qualification: Master of Engineering Science in Management of Information Systems (Inženierzinātņu maģistrs informācijas sistēmu vadībā)
Faculty: Faculty of Computer Science and Telecommunication
Study languages: Russian, English
Duration of program: 2.5 years (5 semesters)
Programme volume: 80 credit points
Requirements for the basic education: Higher education, Bachelor of Engineering Science or Bachelor of Natural Sciences in Computer Science or Mathematics, or Bachelor of Social Sciences in Management Science or Economics, or higher professional education of the second level in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electronics, Logistics, Management Science and Economics.
Programme Director: Dr.sc.ing., Docent Miсhael Savrasov
- Short annotation of the program
Short annotation of the programThe study programme is designed in cooperation with Latvian and international companies from the IT industry. The study courses are provided by the invited lecturers from famous universities in Europe and Asia. The study programme’s particularity is multidisciplinary. It allows graduates to work not only in the IT sector, but also take managerial positions related to innovative solution introduction in logistics, banking, financial and public sector. The study programme provides balanced amount of theoretical and practical knowledge, therefore graduates are able to actively develop their career. Program description and structure
Block А – compulsory subjects (essential knowledge and skills)
Information Systems and Technologies
Business Intelligence & Data Quality
IT Project Management
Legislation for Information Technologies
05 M 004
Scientific Research Methodology
05 M 355
05 M 350
Business Process Management and Modelling
Block В – optional subjects (essential knowledge and skills about future speciality)
Quality Models of Software and Information Systems
Course Project (IT Project Management)
05 M 602
English for Academic Purposes
M 03 111
Theory of System and System Analysis
Block С – free choice subjects
05 C 000
Subject of Free Choice
- What will student receive after graduation
What will student receive after graduationStudents, who successfully graduate from this study programme, obtain necessary knowledge, skills and competences in the management of the existing information systems, in planning and implementation of the projects oriented on different types of information systems integration, in design of new information systems and in active use of intelligent systems of the enterprise in the decision-making process. The study programme forms the necessary knowledge for active scientific activity and further study in the post-graduate programme.
- Broad knowledge of modern scientific methods of studying business processes and information systems, their employment in practical activities.
- Knowledge of the basics of pedagogic and skills of their employment in pedagogical activities/
- Skills of formulating objectives and solving the set tasks with the help of the knowledge received in the process of learning at the higher education institution/
- Skills of independent formulating and solving scientific tasks and of preparing the results of scientific research for publication.
- Deep knowledge in the sphere of modern computer sciences concerning development and management of business processes.
- Knowledge of scientific methods of modelling in analysis and of designing the system of management in developing managerial decisions.
- Skills of employing modern information technologies in setting and solving economic tasks.
- Career opportunities
- IT project managers
- Specialists in business intelligent and business systems
- Consultants in information systems
- IT analysts, experts in decision making
- IT companies and IT departments managers in the public and private sectors.
- Leading lecturers
Savrasov Mihail, Dr.sc.ing.
Misnevs Boriss, Dr.sc.ing.
Yurshevich Elena, Dr.sc.ing.